Thursday, July 22, 2010

what i realized today

I can't blame Matt anymore for why I can't get things done.

I thought I would be more productive when I don't have Matt around to distract me. Wrong. I need to start building an effective daily routine. For starters, eating breakfast at a normal time instead of forgetting until it's time for lunch, or do the most important things first, like replacing the windshield of my car, instead of making it a priority to get in a daily stretch to get that much closer to becoming flexible (one of my many goals). I'm still disappointed I couldn't fit in the flexibilty class into my schedule last year.

Lately,
Our apartment has been a sauna. It is as hot inside as it is outside and the AC takes forever to lower the temperature. However, I would rather have it this way than it be cold outside. Bring it on.

Beau and I having been playing alot of Peanuts (Nertz), the card game. I feel so good when I beat him and I'm not a very good loser.

Here is the list of books he put together for us to listen to on our way to Lake Powell and I get to choose. I'm not surprised they are either about war or politics. War it is.
Benjamin Franklin: An American Life
With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa
The Road to Serfdom
 Horse Soldiers: The Extraordinary Story of a Band of US Soldiers Who Rode to Victory in Afghanistan
 A Patriot's History of the United States: From Columbus's Great Discovery to the War on Terror
Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills
Tears in the Darkness: The Story of the Bataan Death March and Its Aftermath

We are so excited for the next few weeks!


Pictures from hiking the Y at sunset last night. I love hanging out with these girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment