Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of july festivities

For the 4th yesterday, Matt put together his amazing shish kabobs and we had a nice, little picnic in front of our apartment. He put so much love and care into preparing these puppies, it made me a little jealous. I'll offer my help whenever he cooks, but I don't think he trusts me.


Today was the parade and this morning we woke up to a hot air balloon right outside our window. This is my first 4th of July celebration in Provo and I never knew what a big deal it is until I experienced all the festivities. There is no regulation for fireworks and we have heard fireworks go off every night this past week.

Matt, Rach and Manti ran up with the little kids to be sprayed with the fire hose.

After the parade we drove down the canyon to float the Provo River. The view of the mountains from the river was beautiful. We bought tubes that we thought wouldn't pop (luckily they didn't, a first), but the water was FREEZING, more than usual. And any part of my body that wasn't burned before is no doubt burned to a crisp now. Time for us to take a break from the sun and let our skin recover. I have a love/hate relationship with the sun. I know I will get a nice tan, but it will cause way more damage in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment