Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Grand Staircase - Escalante

Well, we won't be eating this month, but this past weekend's camping trip was worth it. We headed to Southern Utah, really close to Lake Powell to see what Grand Staircase - Escalante had to offer. Matt had done some research and found these really fun slot canyons, called Spooky Gulch and Peek-A-Boo Gulch. We also saw the Natural Arch and Calf Creek Falls. It was so beautiful and I took well over a hundred pictures, but here are a lot of my favorites.

It's took bad pictures can't really capture all of the beauty one can see in person. On our way, we passed through this mountain of pines and aspen at 9,600 feet and it was a beautiful view of the colorful deserts below us.

The slot canyons.

The Natural Arch

There was cattle everywhere.

The view from our campsite.

Calf Creek Falls

Matt swam in the freezing water.

While at the waterfall, it was random, but fun to watch a couple of rappelers.

What the scenery was like on our way to and from the waterfall.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks beautiful!! I've never been there before and I'm thinking I should try it out some day. I love the 3rd picture of you guys. I'm thinking that's frame worthy :) THanks for sharing! Oh, and I'm really excited for your p90x to finish and see what you think about it. I'm thinking about giving it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete