Tuesday, July 7, 2009

how well do you know matt hansen?





matt created this quiz on facebook, so i thought it would be appropriate to include it on the blog as well. this was my quiz and i got a 70%. i corrected my wrong answers below the questions i missed and included information about myself as well.

What is my favorite sport to watch
a) College Basketball
b) NBA Basketball
c) College Football
d) NFL Football
e) Golf

matt and i love watching sports

2) When was I born?
a) November 3rd, 1984
b) November 11th, 1983
c) November 3rd, 1982
d) November 11th, 1984
e) November 3rd, 1983

i was born on August 9th, 1987

3) Until 2001, how many sisters did I have?
a) 4
b) 5
c) 6
d) 7
e) 8

Matt was trying to be tricky with this one...he's last sister was born in 2000 so he was trying to confuse us quiz takers. Matt has 7 sisters and 1 brother.

I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.

4) What city did I serve my mission in?
a) Michoacan
b) Monterrey
c) Nuevo Leon
d) Merida
e) Mexico City

matt served his LDS mission in monterrey, mexico for 2 years. it's just below texas.

5) How many countries have I been to so far?
a) 4
b) 8
c) 11
d) 14
e) 17

matt has been to 14 countries so far: usa, mexico, costa rica, greece, italy, france, the netherlands, belgium, germany, england, switzerland, belize, austria, and luxembourg

i have been to 7 countries so far: usa, france, italy, israel, jordan, egypt, and costa rica

and hopefully many more! we love traveling. we are very lucky to have been where we have been.

6) Where did I get my name from?
a) My mother's grandfather
b) The Apostle
c) My father's father
d) Matthew McConaughey
e) My father's grandfather

matt was named after his mother's grandfather

i was name after my grandmas'. my mom's mom is LORraine and my dad's mom is ALice. i'm so lucky to be named after both of these wonderful women.

7) What is my wife's name?
a) Lorel
b) Loral
c) Laurel
d) Laural
e) Lorrel

people have spelled it all sorts of ways but as explained above it is LORAL

8) Which of these have I not done?
a) Rockclimbed without a rope
b) Skydived
c) Rafted class-5 rapids
d) Bungee jumped
e) Dirtbiked off a 25-ft drop off

matt will do about anything crazy

from this list i have rafted class-5 rapids and skydived

9) What is my favorite food I've eaten?
a) Belgian Waffles in Belgium
b) Gyros in Greece
c) Pizza in Italy
d) Escargot in France
e) Tacos in Mexico

matt loves mexican food and will eat it 24/7

i like everything, but in moderation

10) What is my favorite type of music?
a) Rock from the 90's
b) Country
c) Rap
d) Classic Rock
e) Hymns

matt listens to rap more than any other kind of music, not the rap you would hear on the radio, but to my surprise classic rock is his favorite and i would have to agree for myself.

11) What is my favorite country so far?
a) Greece
b) Italy
c) Mexico
d) Germany
e) Costa Rica

all are great countries, but we plan on going to greece together soon. matt says it's just very relaxing to be there.

12) Of the following, which flavor do I like the least?
a) Vanilla
b) Postachio
c) Chocolate
d) Almond
e) Coconut

matt will take chocolate in small doses, but doesn't like anything rich

i don't think there is a flavor i don't like

13) How old was I when I completed the requirements for my Eagle Scout?
a) 14
b) 15
c) 16
d) 17
e) 18


14) How many siblings-in-law do I currently have?
a) 3
b) 4
c) 5
d) 6

matt has 5, but in april he will have his first sister-in-law, angie. she is really nice and fun.

i have one right now, but come february 13th i will have katie as another sister-in-law, i'm excited!

15) What did I graduate in this past April?
a) Business
b) Spanish
c) Spanish Literature
d) Spanish Translation
e) Pre-Law

i will graduate this coming april in landcape management (if i can get through stats and econ this summer)

16) What was my main nickname growing up?
a) Mob
b) Bud
c) Matty
d) Cowboy
e) Big Matt

matt is referred to now as big matt, because he is the tallest matt in his family. he has a nephew named matt (little matt) and he sister lyndsi married a matt (matt). now that matt and i are married, he has another brother-in-law named matt. so many matts! i guess growing up though matt was "bud". i had no idea, but i like it.

i didn't really have a nickname growing up, but my brother matt called me "loral babes" and my sister "rachie babes," my sister and i are my mom's "best friend, girl friends" and my dad would call my lolo on occasion.

17) From Utah, what is the farthest place I have driven to?
a) Boston
b) Baja California
c) Bangor
d) Key West
e) Anchorage

matt and i took a road trip with friends from provo to miami and key west over this last valentine's day and president's day. it was fun to drive through so many cities, lay out on the beach and be in the sun and out of the snow of utah.

18) How many years has it been since I've lived in SB (besides summers)?
a) 4
b) 5
c) 6
d) 7

for matt it has been 5 years of school and 2 years of being on a mission

for me it has been 4 years since living in dallas

19) What is my most prized possession?
a) A brick from the Colliseum in Rome
b) A gift from one of the people I baptized in Mexico
c) Pottery piece from the top of a Mayan pyramid
d) A spearhead from Greece
e) A pebble from the River Seine in Paris

yes matt, was able to break away a little of the colliseum in rome

my most prized possession would most likely be a olive wood bust of christ from jerusalem

20) What was my favorite outfit when I was little?
a) Ninja Turtle costume and gun holsters
b) Superman cape and cowboy boots
c) Spiderman mask and chaps
d) Batman costume and cowboy hat

matt's favorite outfit was his superman cape and cowboy boots

i didn't have a favorite outfit, but it's fun to look back at pictures and see what my mom dressed my sister and i in. there are some funny outfits and clothes that i thought were so cool, but i wonder now what i was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment